Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T)
- Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army
- Proven to be 100% effective in stopping blood flow in both upper & lower extremities by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research
- NEW Single Routing Buckle results in better performance. Apply it faster to decrease blood loss with less windlass tightening turns to remove any slack.
- Easier, simpler training with single handed application protocols.
- Reinforced windlass, plate for stabilization, windlass clip, and writeable security strap to note the time (useful in post medical evaluation).
- Made in the USA
- Latex free material and design
The U.S. Army's Institute of Surgical Research has proven the Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T) effectively stops blood flow in injuries of the extremeties. The patented C-A-T®, with its one-handed design, is 100% effective in stopping a significant hemorrhage in the event of a serious injury or catastrophic wound.
The Gen 7 CAT utilizes a durable windlass system with a patented free-moving internal band providing true circumferential pressure to the extremity. When the tourniquet has been appropriately tightened to stop blood flow, the windlass can be locked into place to maintain pressure. An additional windlass retention apparatus is then applied providing a dual secure application during transport. The patented system avoids the use of screws and clips that can be difficult to manage during an emergency.